Internet speeds are faster today than they’ve ever been. As of 2018, the average Internet speed in the US is...
- There's a lot to consider when choosing an Internet provider. From determining availability to understanding the performance quality, everything can seem a bit more complicated than it needs to be.
- Having helped millions of people find the right ISP for their needs, we’ve boiled our ISP comparison guide down to 4 key steps.
- Being educated about what you're buying is the best way to save money and get a service you'll enjoy.
Key steps to thoroughly compare
- Using our tool above, compile a list of all of the providers that have service in your area.
- Consider what factors are most important to you: Speed, Price, or Customer Service.
- Decide how much bandwidth you need and whether you need an “unlimited” plan.
- Contact your top pick to get one of the deals listed on our site.
If you're interested in specific comparisons, such as XFINITY vs AT&T, we’ve compared many providers head to head to help you make an informed decision.
Our team of IT experts have thoroughly tested and reviewed dozens of broadband Internet providers. In addition to hands-on testing, we conduct customer interviews to understand how service quality varies across the coverage area of every major Internet provider. Then, we evaluate performance claims against real-world records like speed tests and user-submitted reviews to see how each provider lives up to its marketing claims. Each provider review also contains helpful information for potential customers, such as equipment options and how to use the connection for streaming video.
- We re-evaluate every Internet provider review biannually to ensure that it reflects the latest network and performance information. Speed graphs and maps are renewed on a monthly basis, and local plan data is updated every week.
- Our team reviews Internet providers according to six key factors: Customer Service, User Rating, Available Speed, Technology, Availability, and Price.
- Each of these service factors is baked into the intelligent coverage tool above, which displays internet providers by address.
Thorough Reviews of Major ISPS
- Grande Communications Internet Service Review
- MetroNet Internet Review: Small Company Service, Gigabit Speeds
- Rise Broadband Review: An Improving Alternative to Cable
- Windstream Review: A Detailed Look at the Kinetic and 12 Mbps Plans
- RCN Cable Internet: A Detailed Review
- 2018 Viasat Internet (Formerly Exede) Review: Pros & Cons Of Satellite Internet
- HughesNet Review: Is Gen5 Satellite Internet Enough?
- WOW! Internet and TV Service: A Detailed Review
- CenturyLink: A Comprehensive Review
- Frontier Communications: A Review of Frontier FiOS Internet, DSL, and Vantage TV Service
- Cox Internet Review: Read This Before Deciding
- AT&T Internet Review: TV, Internet, and Home Phone
- Verizon High Speed Internet: An In Depth Review
- Verizon Fios Review: What to Consider Before Buying
- Charter Spectrum Review: Is Spectrum Internet Good Enough?
- Optimum Online by Cablevision Review
- Comcast Xfinity Review: Read This Before Deciding
|City||Top Pick||Business Pick|
|Albuquerque, New Mexico||XFINITY||CenturyLink|
|Arlington, Texas||Charter Communications||ATT|
|Austin, Texas||Google Fiber||Rise Broadband|
|Bakersfield, California||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|Brooklyn, New York||Verizon Fios||Charter Communications|
|Buffalo, New York||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|Charleston, South Carolina||WOW!||WOW!|
|Charlotte, North Carolina||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|Cincinnati, Ohio||Cincinnati Bell||Charter Communications|
|Colorado Springs, Colorado||XFINITY||XFINITY|
|Columbus, Ohio||WOW!||Charter Communications|
|Dallas, Texas||ATT||Charter Communications|
|El Paso, Texas||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|Fort Lauderdale, Florida||XFINITY||XFINITY|
|Fort Worth, Texas||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|Gainesville, Florida||Cox Communications||Cox Communications|
|Grand Rapids, Michigan||XFINITY||ATT|
|Jersey City, New Jersey||Verizon Fios||XFINITY|
|Las Vegas, Nevada||Cox Communications||Cox Communications|
|Lexington, Kentucky||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|Long Beach, California||Frontier Communications||Frontier Communications|
|Los Angeles, California||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|Louisville, Kentucky||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|Madison, Wisconsin||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|Mesa, Arizona||Cox Communications||CenturyLink|
|Milwaukee, Wisconsin||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|New Orleans, Louisiana||Cox Communications||ATT|
|New York, New York||Verizon Fios||Stealth Communications|
|Oklahoma City, Oklahoma||Cox Communications||Rise Broadband|
|Orlando, Florida||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|Phoenix, Arizona||Cox Communications||Cox Communications|
|Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania||Verizon Fios||XFINITY|
|Plano, Texas||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|Raleigh, North Carolina||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|Richmond, Virginia||Verizon Fios||XFINITY|
|Rochester, New York||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|Saint Louis, Missouri||Charter Communications||Charter Communications|
|Salt Lake City, Utah||Veracity Networks||XFINITY|
|San Antonio, Texas||Grande Communications||Charter Communications|
|San Diego, California||Cox Communications||Charter Communications|
|San Francisco, California||XFINITY||XFINITY|
|San Jose, California||XFINITY||XFINITY|
|Seattle, Washington||XFINITY||Wave Broadband|
|Tampa, Florida||Frontier Communications||Charter Communications|
|Virginia Beach, Virginia||Verizon Fios||Cox Communications|
Getting connected to the Internet is no longer the luxury it once was. Now, it’s essentially a requirement for participation...
Our complete guide to understanding your Internet options, choosing and comparing ISPs, and taking the first steps to getting fast...
Complaining is an art form. On the one hand, you have people who channel their rage into screaming at call...
Fixed wireless access has been lauded as an effective alternative to satellite Internet in rural areas for many years already,...
Most of us have been there at one point or another: you’ve given your current provider multiple chances to meet...
|AT&T Internet||105.62 Mbps|
|Verizon High Speed Internet||131.68 Mbps|
|XO Communications||78.99 Mbps|
|XFINITY from Comcast||132.28 Mbps|
|Charter Spectrum||103.98 Mbps|
|Cox Communications||102.83 Mbps|
|Verizon Fios||146.4 Mbps|
|Crown Castle Fiber||86.52 Mbps|
|Silver Star Telecom||69.6 Mbps|
|Viasat Internet (formerly Exede)||18.65 Mbps|
|Rise Broadband||17.73 Mbps|
|One Ring Networks||36.6 Mbps|
|CyberNet Communications||72.09 Mbps|
|AT&T Wireless||28.3 Mbps|
|Verizon Wireless||34.67 Mbps|
|Stealth Communications||2875.46 Mbps|
|CTI Fiber||326.54 Mbps|
|Metropolitan Unified Fiber Network||270.88 Mbps|
|Hotwire Communications||242.8 Mbps|
|Community Broadband Network||227.03 Mbps|
|United Communications||217.26 Mbps|
|Google Fiber||215.28 Mbps|